Riverside is a beautiful place to live and work. However, your life can be compromised by a toxic work environment.
Under the California Fair and Housing Act (DFEH), it is illegal for an employer to discriminate against employees because of who they are. Every worker has a right to be free from workplace discrimination, harassment, and other job-related injustices. When your workplace rights are abused, you can take legal action.
If you experience workplace discrimination in Riverside, schedule a free consultation with Limonjyan Law Group to discuss your case with a Riverside employment law attorney today.
What Is Workplace Discrimination?
Workplace discrimination occurs when a job applicant or employee receives less favorable treatment due to a particular trait they have. For example, an employee can be discriminated against because of their gender identity, age, color, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, national origin, medical condition, and more.
Workplace discrimination can happen to anyone, and it takes many forms, including the following:
- Implementing a company policy that unreasonably affects employees with a specific protected characteristic.
- Demoting, firing, or refusing to hire an employee because of their gender, medical condition, or sexual orientation.
- Allowing workers to be consistently harassed at the workplace.
- Refusing to accommodate pregnancy, religious, culture, or disability-related needs of a certain group of workers.
If you genuinely believe you are being treated unfairly at your workplace, you can assert your rights. At Limonjyan Law Group, we give you a voice against your employer. We specialize in a range of employment law claims, including workplace discrimination and wrongful termination.
If you are dealing with a toxic work environment or your basic rights are being violated, you are not alone. Use the contact form on our website to schedule an initial consultation with a Riverside employment law attorney today.
Know Your Rights As An Employee
In California, employees are protected by labor and employment laws. While an employer can let you go for no reason, you can sue one who has violated California labor and employment law. Workers in California have rights, and knowing what your rights are can help you identify when someone breaks the law.
Here are some of the rights that a Riverside employment lawyer can help you protect:
- The right to a safe work environment
- The right to fair wages and overtime pay
- The right to privacy
- The right to not be treated unfairly in the workplace
- The right to family and medical leave
- The right to a retaliation-free workplace
- The right to equal compensation
Contact a Riverside Employment Law Attorney for Help
Employee discrimination is prohibited in Riverside, California. If you think your employer has violated your workplace rights, you may be able to pursue legal action against them. The first step is a free initial consultation.